Tuesday, September 2, 2014

August in Review

(source)
Almost every single month, I think I say something totally cliche about how fast the month went by and how I can't believe it's already the next month. But not August. I feel like August has gone on forever--I hardly even remember July! August has been a huge month for me...I moved back to North Carolina from Michigan, spent time with family and friends for five days, + then moved to Florida and started classes. It's been insane, actually. Some mornings when I wake up, I still have to think for a minute and figure out where I am.

But, August is done + September is going to be so great! I just know it. But before we get too far into September, I want to recap some of my personal favorite posts here on Call Me Sassafras.

1. First, I shared one of my big secrets for keeping my mind entertained while on long walks or jogs--podcasts. My favorite is NPR's All Songs Considered + it's my top favorite place to find new music. If you consider yourself to have a wide-spanning taste in music, you seriously should be listening to ASC.

2. My visual inspiration series is one of my favorites, just because I love looking at pretty things + sharing them. This month's installations was one of my favorites yet, featuring beautiful packaging. 

3. Then, I again shared my favorite TEDTalks that I've been watching lately. Among my favorites: six ways mushrooms can save the world and how we found the giant squid.

4. More recently, I posted about how you can support bloggers. I just want to say that this is one of the most important posts I feel like I've written to date. If you're a regular reader of blogs or a blogger yourself, I reeallyyy think that you should take a moment + read this post.

5. And last but not least, Call Me Sassafras is on Instagram!

What was your month like? What was your favorite post from the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment