Friday, November 7, 2014

The NEW Call Me Sassafras!

More than a month ago, I woke up (figuratively) and realized that my blog had become something I totally didn't recognize anymore. I used to feel like my blog was a mirror--everything I wrote, I closely identified with. It was a passion project. 

But over the last couple months, as I became busier and busier, CMS took up less space in my soul and more space on my to-do list. It was stressful. I felt no direction, and more importantly, I didn't feel like CMS was growing my soul, much less yours. 

And so after lots of thought, my short break from blogging became a reckless rebrand. The more I worked on it, the more it felt like home. The more it felt like a passion project again. So if you don't mind, I'd like to take a few moments of your precious day and tell you a little bit more about the new CMS...because it is very, very new + different.

The soul of the new Call Me Sassafras is intentional living. Living with kindness and passion and fearlessness and power and joy. When I decided that I wanted to change what I write about, I knew I had to change my design. I chose to bring in this dusty pink, one of my favorite pick-me-up colors, and the flora, my passion as a botany student. But I also used the plants because I wanted the design to be a tangible reminder the guiding quote of my blog (and my life) from William Butler Yeats:

"We are happy when we are growing."


There are lots of new things coming. I'll be honest, most of my posts will be entirely different. As you can see from my new category bars on the right, I will not be writing about science or music (regularly--I may on occasion). I'm choosing to laser-focus on how I live try to live more productively and positively and passionately, put in practical terms (holy alliteration!). 

But that's it! It's simple, really. 

I'm really excited about all these new things here on the blog and I hope you are as well. Please take three minutes and take this super-short, eight-question survey. Y'all are seriously the greatest and I can't wait to reconnect with you.


Whatever you're thinking right now, I'd loveeee if you would pop those words into the comments below. Have a wonderful day and I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment